Blinds for Bifold Doors
Bifold doors are an incredibly popular choice thanks to being practical, low maintenance and aesthetically pleasing. The fact that they let in a lot of natural light is one of the main reasons that people choose bifold doors but if you want more control over the light in a room, then it can be awkward to fit traditional blinds on them. Luckily there’s a perfect solution.
Shop by Colour
Showing 1–12 of 16 results
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian WhiteFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian Gloss WhiteFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian Jet BlackFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian Black GlossFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian Oyster WhiteFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian Chalk WhiteFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian Classic WhiteFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian MushroomFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian Dust GreyFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian PolarFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian Mid GreyFrom £60.00
Perfect Fit 25mm Venetian GlacierFrom £60.00
What type of blinds are best for bifold doors?
If you’re looking for the best blinds for bifold doors, then perfect fit blinds make an ideal choice. Perfect fit blinds are ideal for use with bifold doors, since they can be easily fitted without any need to drill holes or use screws or nails.
Not only are perfect fit blinds incredibly practical and easy to fit, but they also look great and give you excellent light control in the room they’re used in. They’re also incredibly affordable and completely child and pet safe.
The benefits of Perfect Fit blinds
Some of the main benefits of perfect fit blinds are –
- Easy to install – Easy installation is one of the major benefits of perfect fit blinds. Something that can often put people off having blinds installed is that drilling is required, damaging door/window frames and fixtures. Thankfully, with perfect fit blinds this is not an issue. The blinds simply clip on, making fitting them a very quick and simple procedure.
- Child safe – Another great benefit of perfect fit blinds is that they’re completely child safe. They are operated through the use of a tab on the side of the blinds, so there are no cables or cords to worry about. This gives you full peace of mind since there is zero strangulation risk for young children.
- No damage to your property – Because perfect fit blinds simply clip onto the doors/windows where they’re used, you don’t have the worry of damaging your property in any way. This makes them ideal for use in rented accommodation where causing any permanent damage to the property could void your deposit. They’re also a great choice for any listed buildings, where making any changes to the structure of the property is often prohibited.
- Great light control – If you’ve never had perfect fit blinds before, then you might be concerned that because they clip on, they might not provide full coverage. This is far from the case. Providing the blinds are used on the correct sized doors, they provide full coverage and don’t leave any gaps. This means you’re able to fully control the light that enters a room and makes them ideal for use in any room where light control is important.
- Good for windows too – Blinds can be particularly tricky when used for windows, particularly tilt and turn windows or skylights. Because perfect fit blinds clip on, they can be fitted to most types of windows very easily.
- Added insulation – Another benefit of perfect fit blinds is that they help to insulate your home. Being fitted snuggly to the doors/windows where they’re fitted helps to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Choosing the right colour
Perfect fit blinds come in many different colours, so you should have no problem finding a shade that’s perfect for your home. One very popular shade of perfect fit blinds is anthracite grey. Anthracite perfect fit blinds give the room they’re used in a touch of class and fit well with most modern decors.
Some of the things to consider when choosing the colour of perfect fit blinds for a room are –
- The colour of your furniture – The colour of the furniture in the room is a very important thing to account for when you’re choosing the colour of blinds. It’s never a bad idea to choose a shade that matches the colour of your sofa as this will tie the look of the room together very nicely. If you have curtains on other windows in the room, then their colour is certainly something you should take into account too.
- The colour of the walls – The colour of the walls in the room where you plan to fit perfect blinds should definitely play a big role in helping you to decide on which colour of blinds to get. The blinds don’t necessarily have to match the colour of your walls but you don’t want them to look out of place because the colours clash, so bear this in mind.
- The colour of the floor – Whether you have a carpet or hardwood floor, you should definitely consider the colour when choosing perfect blinds. If you have any rugs in the room, then it’s also important to take the colour of them into account when trying to choose the right shade of perfect fit blinds.
Perfect Fit blinds for tilt and turn windows
Although perfect fit blinds are often used for bifold doors, they’re also great for use on tilt and turn windows.
Tilt and turn windows are a special type of window that allows you to open them either from the top, or from the side, like a door. This is beneficial since it lets you control exactly how much air you want to let in. Tilt and turn windows look great and are very practical but it can be tricky to find traditional blinds or shutters that are suitable for them. Thankfully, perfect fit blinds are the ideal solution.
Perfect fit blinds work so well with tilt and turn windows thanks to how they are fitted. Because there’s no drilling required and they simply clip onto the window frame, the way tilt and turn windows open isn’t affected by the blinds at all.
What other types of blinds are suitable for tilt and turn windows?
In addition to perfect fit blinds, you can also use venetian blinds or wooden blinds. They are usually more expensive than perfect fit blinds however, and aren’t as easy to install.
Perfect Fit blinds vs shutter blinds
When it comes to choosing the right blinds for your home, it can be difficult, especially if you’re not aware of the different options available and their pros and cons. Although blinds and shutters are very similar, there are a few key differences. One of the main ones being how they’re fitted. While perfect blinds clip on, traditional shutter blinds need to be installed with screws, which requires more effort and leaves holes in your fixtures.
Let’s start by looking at the pros and cons of perfect fit blinds.
Some of the main pros of perfect fit blinds include –
- Low maintenance
- Easy to clean
- Hard wearing
- Great choice of colours
- Come in a range of materials
- Look great in most homes/conservatories
- Not as robust as wooden shutters
- May need cleaning more often
Now let’s take a look at the pros and cons of shutter blinds.
- Long lasting
- Good for insulation
- Come in a range of materials
- Good light control
Shutter blinds aren’t without their cons too though. Some of the main ones being –
- Generally much more expensive than blinds
- Take up more space
- Heavy design means they’re not suitable for all types of windows
Overall, which type of blinds you choose for your home comes down to preference but if things like ease of installation, low maintenance and child safety are important to you, then perfect fit blinds make for an excellent choice.
Perfect fit blinds FAQs
Are Perfect Fit blinds only suitable for bifold doors?
Although perfect fit blinds are great for using with bifold doors, they’re also ideal for tilt and turn windows, windows and French doors.
Are they child safe?
Yes. Perfect blinds are operated via a tab on the side, so there are no cords or strings that could be a strangulation hazard for children.
What colours are they available in?
Perfect fit blinds come in a wide range of colours, with many shades for each colour. This means you should have no problem finding a colour that’s ideal for your home.
Are they difficult to fit?
No. Perfect fit blinds are known for being very easy to fit, even if you have little-to-no DIY experience. There is no need to drill any holes or use screws to install them. You simply clip them on to the edges of the door/window where they’re used.
Installing perfect fit blinds only takes a few minutes and once they’re fitted, there’s pretty much no maintenance other than cleaning them every once in a while.
Will they cause damage to my windows and doors?
Absolutely not. The fact that no drilling or screws are required, means you don’t need to worry about any damage being done to your windows and/or door frames.
Are they easy to clean?
Yes. The clip-in design of perfect blinds makes them very easy to clean. If you want to dust them, then an anti-static duster would make a good choice. If you need to remove any stains from the slats, then a damp cloth and light detergent should do the job well.