Unlike wooden shutters, perfect fit conservatory blinds are very easy to fit and come in a wide range of different colours, so you can find something to suit the look of your conservatory very easily. Be sure to read through the guide below to find out the unique benefits of perfect fit conservatory blinds as well as the different types of doors/windows they’re suitable for and some FAQs.
What types of doors/windows are perfect fit conservatory blinds suitable for?
You can fit perfect fit blinds on the following types of doors and windows –
- French doors
- Conservatory doors
- Bifold doors
- Standard windows
- Tilt and turn windows
Why choose perfect fit blinds for your conservatory?
Perfect fit blinds come with some great benefits that make them a great choice for use in a conservatory. These include –
- Easy installation – One of the biggest benefits of perfect fit blinds when compared to traditional wooden shutters is their easy of installation. There’s no need for any screws or drilling; you simply clip the blinds onto the door/window frames and they’re ready to use!
- Child safe – Another key benefit of perfect fit conservatory blinds is that they’re totally child safe. They are operated by a tab on the side, rather than using a cord or rope. This completely removes any strangulation hazard, making them ideal for use in homes with young children and toddlers.
- Easy to clean – Perfect fit blinds are also very easy to clean. The lightweight, thin slats can easily be dusted using any good anti-static duster. If you need to remove more serious stains, then you can do so with a damp cloth and some light detergent.
- Full light control – Perfect fit blinds also provide you with full light control in your conservatory. Whether you want to let all the light into the room, only a small amount, or no light at all; the tab on the side of the blinds lets you control the exact degree the slats tilt to.
- Great insulation – Insulation is always important for temperature control and perfect fit conservatory blinds provide with you a great way to insulate your conservatory. This is useful in the summer, when you want to keep the room cool; as well as in the autumn and winter to help keep it warmer and prevent draughts.
What colours are available and how do I choose the right one?
We have a wide range of conservatory blinds colours available. These include a range of whites, blacks, greys, greens, blues, reds, yellows and purples. Click the ‘Shop by Colour’ section in the header to view a full list of shades in each category. With so much choice, it can be tough to settle on one colour. Below are a few key tips to help you pick the right colour to match your conservatory –
- Pick a shade that matches the colour of the walls – The colour of the walls in your conservatory will make a big difference to its overall look. If you want to get a shade of blinds that matches the walls, this will help create a uniform look and is definitely not a bad choice.
- Pick a contrasting shade – A lot of conservatories have a very minimalist design with neutral colours. If this is the case, getting a bold, contrasting shade of blinds can be a great way to add some colour to the room. A bold red, blue or purple shade would make a good choice in a conservatory with a lot of white or cream.
- Pick a shade that matches the furnishings – When picking the colour of blinds for your conservatory, you don’t necessarily have to choose something that matches the colour of the walls or floor. You might have smaller furnishings in the room and match the colour of your blinds accordingly. This can help to create a more subtle and balanced look.
Perfect fit conservatory blinds FAQs
Are perfect fit blinds only suitable for conservatories? No, you can absolutely use perfect fit blinds on many different types of doors and windows throughout your house. They provide an excellent alternative to curtains – giving you full control over the amount of light as well as providing excellent insulation. Do perfect fit blinds cause damage to window and door frames? No. One of the biggest benefits that perfect fit blinds have compared to wooden shutters, is that you don’t need to drill into window/door frames to fit them. You simply clip the blinds on the frame and they’re ready to use. Are they safe to be used around children? Yes. Perfect fit blinds are operated through the use of a tab, rather than a cord or rope. This means they’re totally safe to be used in homes where there are young children. What colours are available? There are a wide range of colours available for perfect fit blinds. These include a wide range of greys, whites and blacks as well as many bolder colours such as pinks, reds, greens, purples and blues. Check the ‘Shop by Colour’ tab at the top of the site to see the full range of colours available. Are they suitable for use on windows as well as doors? Yes, you can use perfect fit blinds on standard windows as well as tilt and turn windows. There are some window types, such as sliding windows, where they’re not suitable for use but they’re usually a good fit for most windows found in homes and conservatories. How do they compare to wooden shutters? Perfect fit blinds differ from wooden shutters in a few key ways. Firstly they are more lightweight and easier to fit. They’re also very easy to clean and come in a range of different materials and colours. Many people now prefer perfect fit blinds due to their practicality and affordability.